Saturday, August 9, 2008

So Lonley

Well, my family finally returns to me tonight! I am so excited. Distance really does make the heart grow stronger. I haven't had the difficulty that comes with being a wife and mother, just the pleasant ponderings of the husband, children, and grandbabies that I love so dearly. Even though I have always known that nothing can come close to the love a mother feels for her child, it has been especially apparent to me this past week. We love our children, every single one, very intensely, every second of every day, for their entire lives. It may be one of the greatest gifts that out Father in heaven gives us. I now know that the realization of that fact is why I have felt the loss of my own mother in such an enormous way. As is a natural part of life, the one person in this mortal life that loved me in that unique way, is now gone from this life on earth. Having this realization has somehow helped me to have a better co-exsistance with my grief. Though still painful, it makes some sort of sense to me now. I hope that we can all come to have a better recognition of this gift. It can at times cause us inconvenience, especially for teenagers and adult children, but understanding that it all comes from that unparalleled love might just help us through some of our frustration.  Mom 

No comments: